Training and Legal Advice Centre
Our training centre based in Ilkeston ( 153 Bath Street, DE7 8AS) is a cornerstone in the hub of the local community providing a wide range of FREE programmes to suit your needs.
For more information just call us on 01159 300199 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Learn for fun:
Learn for fun in a modern, relaxed setting, supported by the centre’s friendly and experienced staff. There is a range of opportunities on offer, including fun taster sessions where you can try out new skills and develop your interests. Get online free computer and internet training for beginners.
- Getting to grips with technology – made easy!
- The importance of ICT skills in the workplace
Visit our fully equipped learning zones – they’re bright and comfortable with staff on hand to help
- Support while you build your confidence
- Learn at your own pace
- Practice at times to fit your lifestyle
Designed for anyone wishing to gain the skills and confidence to use the internet to speak to friends and family via video. Understand the different uses and functions of your computer. How to set up a step-by-step user guide to take home with you.
- Using A Computer: Practical information and advice about the basic functions of a computer and how to use it safely: How to turn it on and off, what the different parts of a computer are for, how to change the settings, how to open applications and use folders, how to use it safely. Designed for anyone who knows the basics, but wishes to learn more about the different functions of a computer.
- Shopping Online: Practical information and advice about how to shop safely on-line. How to search for items, how to order, how to pay securely. Security measures and laws to protect you. Designed for anyone who wishes to learn and feel more confident about shopping on-line.
- Facebook and Socialising Online: A simple way to get started with social networking. Includes setting up a Facebook account, finding your way around, connecting with friends, setting good privacy settings, sharing photo's and video's, and how to join groups and 'like' pages. Get connected and learn how to get started now.
- Using a Mobile Phone: This short course will help you to get to grips with mobile phones; making calls, using text messages and other useful features. Designed for anyone who needs to know the basics of using a mobile phone.
- Using a Digital Camera: Learn how to use a digital camera with your computer, to download and print photographs. The benefits of digital photography, the key features of a digital camera, how to transfer pictures to your computer and how to edit and print your pictures.
- Introducing Email: Learn about the ease and speed of using email to keep in contact with friends and family, and to look for work. How to set up a free email account, understanding email settings, how to read, send and reply to messages. How to attach pictures, files or your C.V. to an email. How to download, open and save an attachment.
We are a registered UK Online Centre
£20.10m daily write-offs of loans by banks & building societies
For legal advice call 01332 346 800
Click the button above to make a donation to DHA directly via PayPal.
Join Our Mailing List
To be kept up to date with news and events from DHA, enter your e-mail address below.