DHA receives limited funding and in order to sustain our services and the support we give to hundreds of people who are homeless, at risk of homelessness or living in poor housing conditions we rely on public generosity. We are very proud to receive help from the many volunteers that enable us to continue to provide our much needed services but we do need more help. We have a newly established fundraising and supporters group called ‘Friends of DHA’ and we need your help.
There are many ways you can get involved and raise awareness and funds for Direct Help & Advice. This could be at local events, fairs or even at your local supermarket. If you don’t have much time or you are not sure what to do we have a list of opportunities, as follows…
VOLUNTEER GROUP MEMBER
- What’s involved? - You will become a member of our Friends of DHA group, gaining the opportunity to attend local fundraising events such as street collections, helping on tombola stalls, handing out leaflets, raising awareness of Homelessness and Poor Housing, as well as promoting the good work of the charity.
- What will you get in return? - You will get chance to meet new people and chat with members of the public about the impacts of homelessness on our local community, have the opportunity to get more involved in organising activities by joining the Friends of committee and it will give you an opportunity to build experience for your CV. You will also receive payment for out of pocket expenses.
- What’s involved? - This is a fantastic role for taking the lead to organise events, collections or even a Charity Ball! Be the main point of contact for the event and attracting and welcoming new volunteers and members to the Group.
- What will you get in return? - You will get the rewards of seeing what a difference the money and awareness makes to your local community, as well as a sense of achievement and overall satisfaction. You will also have the chance to work with a group of committed and passionate likeminded people, as well as build experience for your CV. You will also receive payment for out of pocket expenses.
- What’s involved? - This is a fantastic role for someone wishing to be an ambassador for DHA. You will give talks to various groups, including school children to spread the work of the charity, raising awareness of Homelessness and Poor Housing. You will also encourage local organisations and groups to volunteer or fundraise on behalf of DHA.
- What will you get in return? - You will get the opportunity to meet a variety of local groups and people and build experience for your CV. You will also receive payment for out of pocket expenses.
COLLECTION BOX VOLUNTEER
- What’s involved? - This is a great role to make a difference in your local community by joining our team of dedicated fundraising volunteers collecting regularly at local supermarkets and shopping centres.
- What will you get in return? - You will get the opportunity to meet new people and be part of a team that wants to make a difference in their community. You will also receive payment for out of pocket expenses.
REMEMBER….YOU CAN GET INVOLVED IN SOME OR ALL OF THE ACTIVITIES MENTIONED. TO FIND OUT MORE ABOUT BECOMING A VOLUNTEER GROUP MEMBER, PLEASE CONTACT 01332 287897 FOR MORE INFORMATION.
836,000 unemployed for > 12 months
For help and advice call 01332 287 850
Click the button above to make a donation to DHA directly via PayPal.
Join Our Mailing List
To be kept up to date with news and events from DHA, enter your e-mail address below.